Why consider teaching as a career?
Teaching is a highly rewarding career. The decision to start a career in education often stems from a combination of a passion for education or subject, the desire for personal fulfilment and a desire to make a positive impact on individuals and society.
Teaching requires hard work, but the rewards span personal, professional and societal dimensions.
- Influence and Impact: Teachers have the unique opportunity to shape the lives of their students. The impact of a dedicated and inspiring teacher can extend far beyond the classroom, transforming a young person’s academic success, personal development, and future aspirations.
- Creativity and Innovation: Teaching allows individuals to be creative in designing lessons and learning experiences. During your training year, with Manchester Prospere Teacher Training, you will explore innovative ways to engage students and to make learning exciting. This will contribute to a dynamic and fulfilling career.
- Variety and Diversity: Teaching offers a diverse and dynamic work environment. No two days are exactly alike, and the variety of students, subjects, and challenges keeps the profession interesting and engaging. During your time on our teacher training courses you will have the opportunity to become a valued member of the school community experiencing for yourself.
In addition to your own school experience placements, we will also arrange visits to a variety of schools within the Trust. The Prospere Learning Trust has a well-deserved reputation of for inclusivity and all of our schools have a distinct identity which is shaped around the student community that they serve. There are four Special Schools within the Trust that are rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted. Each of these schools has a unique approach to supporting students who experience barriers to learning. As part of your course you will have the opportunity to visit and learn about best practice in these schools which will enhance your teaching back in your classroom.
- Lifelong Learning: Teaching encourages lifelong learning. Within our Trust Lead Practitioners that share developing educational and subject based research and innovation with all our staff. This is a key feature of our commitments to professional learning in all of our schools which you will experience as part of your training year.
- Personal Fulfilment: The rewards of seeing students succeed contribute to a sense of personal fulfilment and job satisfaction.
- Contribution to Society: Teachers play a crucial role in shaping the next generation of informed and engaged future citizens, contributing to the development of communities and of society.
- Sense of Purpose: Many teachers are driven by a deep sense of purpose and a commitment to making a positive difference in the world. The satisfaction that comes from knowing that one is contributing to the education and development of future generations makes teaching a fulfilling career choice.
"Education is the key to unlocking the golden door of freedom. The teacher holds that key, and with passion, dedication, and belief in the potential of every student, they turn that key, opening a world of possibilities that transcends barriers and transforms lives."